Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sweet girl

Stella is in a stage now where she feels really nervous around people she doesn't see every day. Usually if someone addresses her she makes a sound or growls. It's hard on other people, I think, because they feel like maybe she doesn't like them. That really doesn't have anything to do with it though. Tonight after a get together, I asked her about it. I said, "You feel really nervous when you're around people you haven't seen in a while, don't you?" She said, "Yes". I said, "Some people might think you don't like them if you don't say hi or answer when they talk to you." She was quite upset and said, Well, will you tell them ...that's not true. And try to make them feel happy about me?" *sigh* I told her that people didn't feel badly about her. It actually broke my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment