Sunday, July 27, 2014

Sweet Girls

I wish I could spend more time writing about my wonderful girls. They amaze me every single day. Vivian is getting so big and really starting to say a lot of words. She is an expert at saying No! And it is so funny sounding every time I have to keep from laughing. She says, No, Mama, Daddy, Dog, Woof, Tweet, Down, Please, Cheese, Go, Kitty, Hello, Ew, Uh-oh, She tries to say Stella, but it doesn't always come out right. This weekend she has picked up Cookie and Yea. She is so funny and loves to play and laugh. She also gives great hugs. She still has NO hair!! She is still nursing and I don't see her giving that up anytime soon.

Stella is such a bundle of energy. She cannot wait to go back to school. It has been hard on her to be away. Hopefully that continues. She is so bright and insightful and just quick as a whip. Sometimes she can be mean to her sister but othertimes so sweet. Today she had a bath and I asked Jeff to get her ready for bed while I took V to bed. When I got back, 20 minutes later, he was laying face down on the bed and she was laying on top of him fresh out of the bathtub. So, I started laughing and said, "I guess we know who won this battle..." Stella started laughing and I picked her up and we both laughed. Then she said, "We should stop laughing at Daddy because that is probably making him feel bad!" It may have been one of my best mommy moments ever. To know that I am winning the battle against daddy's constant teasing and creating a kindness in my girl. So, so joyful about this.

I have been reading Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids and really been trying to implement it in all I do. I feel like I have been doing pretty good, I still lose my temper and yell. But no where near as much. I really try to problem solve, and encourage her to problem solve.

I LOVE MY FAMILY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment