Sunday, March 4, 2012

On the 2nd Anniversary of your Birth

Dear Stella,  Today is your 2nd birthday, it makes me tear up when I really try to wrap my head around it. There is something weird that happens to time when you become a parent. I really can't explain it, but time somehow moves at warp speed as well as super slow all at once. It seems so strange that it has been two whole years since you came into our lives, but at the same time it feels like you've been in it forever. No matter what anyone told me, what books I read, how much I researched, I could never prepare myself for the inexplicable love I feel for you. You are my joy! I always aspired to be a mom, it was my one true goal in life. I looked forward to it for a long time. Having you in my life as my daughter has made that dream come true a million times over. You could not be more perfect or brilliant or special. It is overwhelming to me how much God blessed me when he gave me you. I have so many things I want for you my wonderful child. I want you to be happy, I want you to know how loved you are, how funny you are and how special you are. I want you to know how beautiful you are and how your kindness can take my breath away. I want you to know how smart you are, and how we sit in awe of you every day. When I tried to imagine what you would be like while I was pregnant with you, I could never have dreamed you would be as amazing as you are. Please don't ever forget that. Thank you sweetheart for changing my life and blessing me with more happiness than you will ever know.

"I love you more than I have ever found the words to say to you."

"On the night you were born,
 the moon smiled with such wonder
that the stars peeked in to see you
 and the night wind whispered,
"Life will never be the same."
 Because there had never been anyone like you...
 ever in the world.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment